Friday, September 2, 2011

First week down..

Yeah, we made it through our first week of homeschooling and with no fits or fussing. :)  Praying that it will stay that way for a while. Yes I do that there will be days that she will not be in the mood for schoolwork or she doesn't want to do something specific but praying for those to be far and few in between!

We had our first Spelling test today and she did quite well with only missing one word.

So far she is enjoying learning about nouns in Language Arts and living and nonliving things in Science.  I believe that with E, it will be math that will be a challenging for us.  Next week, we add on history and will be doing our first lapbook with our first lesson in that.

I must be honest, I had never heard of lapbooks or lapbooking until a couple of weeks ago while I was reading some homeschool blogs.  I do like the concept of them and hope that it will be helpful to us.

Next week is our first week of our school schedule, with my youngest starting preschool.

Bring on week #2!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment